We work with various affiliate programs. As such, we may be compensated when you click on one of our links or visit them through us.
Small apartments and houses may be cute. However, living in one can be such a hassle, especially if you want to maximize the amount of limited space you have. Decorating a small space is quite tricky because aside from the fact that you can’t overdo it, the pieces and the theme you’re going to use must make the tiny place look wider. Thankfully, there are still ways on how one can properly decorate a small area. Simple but cool tips that will surely make your small home a Pinterest-worthy one, so are you ready? Here are some of them.
- Paint The Walls With Light Colors
- The first thing you should do is to make your space look bigger. Paint the walls with light or pastel colors to make your house look bigger. White, baby pink and light blue are a great hue that can work on small areas. Plus, they’re also easy to partner with different ornaments and furniture pieces.
- Mirror Play
- Probably one of the best basic tricks used by designers everywhere. An easy way to add some flair in a small space is to use full body to mirrors with intricately-designed frames. You can also use smaller ones for better mirror and light play. The bouncing light in a small space will not only make it look more comfy, it can also make it look bigger.
- Floor To Ceiling Open Shelves
- Cabinets and drawers take up a lot of space right? When dealing with a small area, the best thing you could do is to install floor to ceiling open shelves. Yes, you have to try open shelving. Display all your best ornaments and books and stack them up high. It will make an illusion that you have a higher ceiling.
- Use Smaller Displays
- Decorating a tiny space with smaller displays can be quite pleasing to the eye. Look at sites like Pinterest and WeHeartIt and you will see amateur home designers doing the same thing. Go chic!
These are some of the coolest tips you can follow if you want to decorate your small house or apartment. So what are you waiting for? Go try them out.